Welcome to our Church
Are you a visitor? Our church is open to everyone, whether you just want to stay a while or to join us in a service. Please make yourself known to one of our community.
Our weekly services are at 10.30 a.m. on Sundays.
You are welcome to attend and stay afterwards for tea or coffee.
Do read our current Newsletter. Just select the Newsletters tab to the right of this page.
Saturday, May 6th OUR SPRING BAZAAR
12:00 noon – 4.00 p.m. in church.
ORTHODOX MUSIC CONCERT
Concert by the choir of sisters from St Elisabeth Convent, Minsk. Monday, May 8th. 7 p.m., Church of St John the Evangelist, South Parade, Bath BA2 4AF
Orthodox Youth Summer Camp 2017 – for 9-17 year olds
Orthodox Young Adult Festival – for 18-35 year olds
Follow these links. Book NOW.
We are a Parish of Diverse Backgrounds
Our parish is a home to people from many different backgrounds. As well as people of a range of ages, we have many nationalities including English, Scottish, Welsh, Bulgarian, Serbian, Russian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Georgian, Syrian, Scandinavian, Greek, German, Sri Lankan, Polish, Jordanian, Lebanese and American.
Our services are mainly in English, but we also have small parts in Church Slavonic and Romanian. We aim to say The Lord’s Prayer in every mother language of those present. Please make someone aware if yours is not being used.
This page is available in multiple languages through the translator function on the right-hand pane.
Learning about your Orthodox faith
Henry (Cuthbert) McGrath is running a group for adults, teaching about aspects of our Church and its faith. If you would like to join in with this just ask him in church on a Sunday or email him (email@example.com).
Please ‘like’ the Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/OrthodoxChurchBristol/) and do write a review and add any photos you have of the church and our events.
The Food Bank is now open again in church with a new closable box. Please contribute anything you can to help those in need.
Parish Events for 2017
Please mark these dates in your diaries as help will be needed!
- For any enquires and suggestions, please contact Christina Fraij (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For the open days, only cakes and desserts will do. You can drop them off and leave since only a small number of people will be able to manage those days. More help will be needed for the Bazaars and updates will be posted for each event prior to the date.
- 6th May SPRING BAZAAR All sorts of drinks, food and items to sell.
- 17th Jun CHURCH OPEN DAY University of Bristol’s open day. Tea, coffee and cakes.
- 8th Jul SUMMER BAZAAR All sorts of drinks, food and items to sell.
- 10th Sep PARISH FEAST Bring food and drinks to share.
- 9th Sep CHURCH OPEN DAY UoB and Bristol Doors Open day. Tea, coffee and cakes.
- 25th Nov CHRISTMAS BAZAAR All sorts of drinks, food and items to sell